- Held in Kensington, Maryland, at PEP this "intensive" teaches the 10-week curriculum over 2 all-day class meetings
- For parents of teens age 13-18
Learn proven, positive strategies to parent teenagers effectively in the midst of their peers, media, the Internet and their own adolescent development. Communicate with your teen on topics from school to sex; use consequences and positive discipline to guide your teen’s growing independence; and build a relationship based on mutual respect, cooperation, and responsibility.
The first day, you'll learn about where teens are developmentally, your role as parent of a teen, and improving communication.
The second day presents strategies for redirecting teen misbehavior, solving problems collaboratively with your teen(s), and using consequences and positive discipline to guide your teen’s growing independence.
- Cost: $279/person (10% discount for PEP Members: $251.10)
- Textbook: Positive Discipline for Teenagers, by Jane Nelsen and Lynn Lott.
- Textbook cost: $18.02 (PEP members $16.22)
- NOTE: Attendance is key. Within each course, the material taught builds on prior class meetings. PEP encourages parents to register for a course only if they are able to attend at least one of the first two class meetings. For the same reason, PEP does not permit parents to alternate attending the course with another parent.
- Please note the special refund policy for this intensive class: If you cancel your registration at least 48 hours before the first day, you will receive a refund minus an administrative fee of $15 per person per course. There will be no other refunds.