PEP I: Parenting 5-to-12-Year-Olds
- Held in Washington, DC, at Temple Micah for 8 class meetings
- For parents of children age 5-12 #17.4.101
Do you wonder how to raise your children to be responsible, respectful and trustworthy—all while getting dinner on the table? Do you worry about cyberspace, peer pressure and other facts of modern life? Parenting, while it brings much joy, is hard work. This class will make it easier and much more satisfying by giving you a sound framework for positive parenting and proven skills to correct whining, backtalk, defiance and the whole range of misbehavior. Learn how you can be closer and have more fun as a family while also motivating your children to be more cooperative, self-disciplined and successful.
- Cost: $279/person (10% discount for PEP Members: $251.10)
- Textbook: Parenting with Courage and Uncommon Sense, by Linda E. Jessup and Emory Luce Baldwin
- Textbook cost: $16.96 ($15.26/PEP members.) The book is available at the first class.
- This class skips 10/31
- NOTE: Attendance is key. Within each course, the material taught builds on prior class meetings. PEP encourages parents to register for a course only if they are able to attend at least one of the first two class meetings. For the same reason, PEP does not permit parents to alternate attending the course with another parent.