Everyone go to the gym? Did we all 'just say no' to that cocktail we promised ourselves we were giving up? Budget anyone? Bueller, Bueller, anyone Bueller?
Turns out we are still our same old selves on January 3rd as we were on Dec 31st. Unfortunately, just as we can't nag, shame, or yell our kids into being different, we can't nag, shame ourselves into our being different either.
Here are a five ideas to keep us realistic as we change, modify, exchange habits that no longer serve us.
1. Add, don't subtract. Instead of thinking, "I'm eliminating cheese!" Think, "I'm adding in guacamole and hummus."
2. 5% is better. Do not minimize tiny, incremental steps. "I wanted to yell every morning at the children to get up, I spoke in a normal voice that one morning. Gee that felt good."
3. It's all about the re-boot. Kitchen counters, front hallways, coat closets, shoe bins, kids cubbies need to be emptied, sorted and 'put to rights' FREQUENTLY. Do not stop because it didn't "STAY ORGANIZED". PEOPLE! Organizing is like sit-ups, you can't do them once and be slender and svelte.
4. Date your problems. Read, Buy it a Drink!
5. You are still you, they are still them, even if it's 2018. Sit down and ponder that one!
Below are links to a few other posts to keep you thinking, inspired and encouraged about the same old, and yet improved and fantastic 2018 YOU!
If you like this Nifty Tip, please forward to a friend, share on Facebook or Twitter! (see Share button below).
Follow me on Twitter: @BalancingAct_DC, https://twitter.com/BalancingAct_DC
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/balancingactllcDC/